Friday 27 April 2012

Lazy Bum

I absolutely LOVE days like this and always looking forward to it everytime! The house is quiet. The sun is out. Two days in a row now. It has been raining pretty vicious the last few days. My nanny is not going to be here today. YES! It's 9.20am on a Friday morning and I am still in my pajamas. I plan to be in it ALL DAY!

Yesterday, it was a pretty exciting afternoon in Lagos. You know how I always like to look out from my window to see what's going on out there on the streets. Around 4pm or so yesterday, a fight broke out right outside our apartment building. A big crowd gathered. Apparently, a tow truck sort of hit a car while trying to tow another.

This other car was eventually towed away

After much shouting and pushing, the crowd eventually went away. When my husband came home, I told him what happened and showed him these pictures. He asked, "Did anybody get shot?". My dear readers, fortunately no one got hurt. Then after that, I saw a man squatting down and did his "business". Right in front of me. Well, not literally. All these happened within the hour after the fight broke out.

So, that was my afternoon in Lagos. Exciting stuff. One never gets bored living here.

I plan to sit down on my ass all day today. I plan to watch dvds.
 
Which ones?

I plan to eat Indian food all day.

Two days in a row already. My ass was burning this morning. Eating spicy food is good for you. This is what the experts say when you eat spicy stuff......

"The heat from any type of hot pepper triggers the pain receptors in your mouth, which turns on the feel-good endorphins in the brain. This decreases feeling of stress or depression. It is a great way to end or begin a day." I BELIEVE EVERY SINGLE WORD THEY SAY. I've been feeling happy since yesterday.

I'm locking the door now. "DO NOT DISTURB" sign have been posted outside but before I sign off, here's a little quote to start the weekend. Happy Friday, everyone! With much love.

~All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it!
Bob Newhart (1929 - )




No comments:

Post a Comment