Tuesday 1 May 2012

Public Holiday

Happy Worker's Day, Nigeria! Yup, today is Tuesday, May 1st 2012. I can't believe that it's already May! Time flies so fast! Today, the school is closed. It has been closed since yesterday.

Yesterday, it was a good day. Yesterday, I have four sons. Not all are mine! Since it was a school holiday, together with my friend, Amy and her kids, we decided to go to the theatre near our house here to watch a movie.

Kids loved the fact that we had the theatres ALL to ourselves!
Got FREE popcorn and drinks! Gotta love freebies! Guess it was their daily specials. We rarely watch a movie at the theatres here. It was not too bad. The theatres are clean inside. Dr Seuss' The Lorax movie's funny. I highly recommend watching it. You can watch the trailer here.

Mondays are always good as it is dosai day at the Cumberland hotel here in Lagos. The whole troop came here right after the movie to get our Indian food fix. Well, more like my weekly dosai fix!




Cheese naan bread. N1150 (US$7) for one. Burned my pocket hole!
At least I get to eat them. Home away from home. In Singapore, we call it thosai. Different name but same good stuff! Expect to pay N1,400 for a plain dosa. I'm telling ya, some of the prices for things around here are really "cut throat" (my S'porean slang for expensive)!!

Today, we gave our driver the day off of course. Nannies don't work when it comes to public holidays. So, I am the chef and maid today. Now, what shall I cook for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment