Saturday 12 May 2012

My Mother's Day Weekend

It's Saturday, May 12th 2012. Tomorrow, in the United States, we celebrate Mother's Day.

There's a "garage sale" going on at the boys' school today. So I started my day going to that. It was just ok. Not a lot of stuff and well, you guessed it. Things were ridiculously expensive. For a garage sale! I remember those days when I/we held our own garage sale in the United States. It was tiring but heck, I had a blast! The atmosphere's totally different there too. I can easily purchase a purse there for as little as $2. I REALLY had my eye on one of the faux red snake skin purse at the sale today. It was georgeous but for a price of N8,000 (US$51), it was bloody hideous!

Even if it's BBQ sauces and books, I was happy with my purchase. Kids happy with their Pokemon cards AND candy of course!
With five screaming rambunctious boys in the background and house looking like a pig's den by the end of the day, to have a quiet, peaceful, stress-free Mother's Day weekend is looking very gloomy for me!

My heart melts though when our 7yrs old son came home from school with this for me yesterday....

I will pretend that this weekend is just like any other normal weekends in our household :) As I am writing this blog also, the Goodies delivery man kept on calling me!! He's lost! He went to another building instead of our building. Argh, M-O-R-O-N!! Yup, ordered some pizza for lunch for the boys.

Now, I will make sure that I have a nice dinner out tonight. At least, there will be three boys less at the dinner table.

Happy Mother's Day to you and to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment