Thursday 10 May 2012

Hello World!

I know. I have been A.W.O.L lately.

The last few days, my life as an expat was pretty much challenged with the fact that I received a worrisome news that my dad was hospitalised beginning of the week. Much to my relief, he was discharged from the hospital today and is at home resting. To my friends and family, thank you very much for your well wishes. He had been complaining of heart/chest pains in which the doctors found his arteries clogged and they had to close up two holes in him with "balloons". Don't ask me. I have no clue the medical term for it.

My dad is ok and in about 5 weeks time, he will need to do the same procedure for the second time round. At least, I'll be there when that happens. His oldest daughter will be there by his side.

I have been without a phone service the whole morning today. Not the first time that happens. I've convinced myself to switch to another mobile phone service provider. Yup, that's right. Back to Nigeria-related wahala. It's pissing me off. It's a tell-tale sign for sure that I need my holidays soon. Few more weeks and I am oh definately so counting down. It's going to be a fun summer. Last year, we spend our summer here. It sucks. Not this year, baby! Not this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment