Monday 27 August 2012

La Vida Lagos

I cannot say my life here in Lagos is, well, boring. Those who have been here, should know what I'm talking about. For those who have not been here and may be here for an assignment, get ready! Do not listen to all those bad stories that you will hear about Lagos, Nigeria. It is not as bad as what people would describe it. Yes, it is a dangerous place. People treat guns like toys here. If you think about it, it's dangerous everywhere. Of course, if you bring attention to yourself, then you will invite trouble, stupid!

Oh yeah, listen to me! I had the same feelings before we got here. Now, after just a little over one year, I am so used to Lagos. Sort of.

I have been busy eversince school started. I took over the bus mom coordinator job. Basically what I do is to update the bus rule, send out information to the parents anything related to the bus and coordinate the bus duties of parents who have kids riding the bus to school. We usually take turns every few months to be the bus mom/dad. That's right, I'm important. Don't piss me off otherwise I'll make sure you really savour and taste the meaning of bus duty!

Now that kids are back in school, ALL the activities start to roll one by one. Yesterday, was the first birthday party that our boys were invited to.
Kids are busy and so are the moms especially. Busy with school activities, house chores and party! Hey, we, moms, can party too. We deserve it. In fact, I'll be partying every month till Christmas break. Every week, every month, there will be someone's birthday. Our boys' birthdays are coming up soon in a few weeks and so is mine!! This weekend is GNO. If you don't know what GNO means, for goodness sake, it's Girls Night Out. That's right. This is La Vida Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment