Tuesday 29 May 2012

What's Up With That??

1.10am.

Yes, that's how and when my Tuesday starts in gloomy-looking Lagos. Not good. Freaking power outages woke me up! The generator has been very unreliable the last few days if not the past week. It is not a shocker really! I don't mind the power outages happening and the blaring of the UPS machine during the day but in the middle of the night? A few times throughout?!!? It makes me a grumpy b**** the next day! Almost one year here, the power outages somehow ALWAYS gets to me!

In a few days, I will not miss all these wahala.

Living in Africa is an experience but not everything is as smooth as butter that's for sure.

One's told that to survive in this country, one will need to get out every now and then. Leave, rejuvenate and take a deep breath in. Damn straight! Whoever told us that is a damn real genius! Damn, damn, damn genius. Did I just repeat the word "Damn"? Damn it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment