Wednesday 18 January 2012

It's All Calm Once Again

HOORAY!

A BIG sigh of relief for me because I know that we are no longer "in prison". Eversince the strikes have stopped, everything in Lagos seem to be back to normal. Pretty much. I have not seen it for myself since I haven't been out and about but I will in a bit. Going to meet couple of my girlfriends for lunch today. My husband is already planning for us to actually get out of the compound and go somewhere for lunch this weekend! Boys went back to school today so the house is a little quiet now :)

Heard from a couple of people that prices for groceries have gone up a bit due to the strikes. I imagine! Officially, I have not stepped into a grocery store yet except for last Saturday when we had our company's bus to take us there to stock up on food. As long as we have food in the fridge/pantry and a roof under our head especially here in Nigeria, I am not complaining. What's next? Who knows! Anything can happen. Living in a third world country can be very unpredictable but at the same time very interesting. It's unpredictable anywhere in the world really! One day at a time. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment